Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Road To Nitro, week 2


The Road to Nitro, week 2
So more of the backstory on the road to Nitro. You remember the $450 check for getting 2nd place at the March Meet in 7.0 Pro? Well just to add insult to injury I should mention that I work with Brian Strange who comes from a racing family. Brian is racing RC cars right now and recently he got 3rd place at an RC event and earned 500.00! We had a good laugh about it at work and it gives me more resolve to move on.
So how is the sale of my 7.0 Pro stuff going? Well not too well. I have one guy interested in my engine. He races a Rock Crawler Racer and recently blew up his engine when he was sideways on the gas and lost oil pressure trying to dig out. He has a Discovery channel film date coming on April 23 and I thought he might buy it but nothing solid yet. One other is interested in the trans but he is all the way in Georgia.
 So who knows how many weeks this will take? Hopefully it will be under 100!

 Bryan made what he calls his “pitch” to me to rethink the 426 deal and put a Donovan 392 in it. He says we can use each other for spares if one goes out or DNQs. That is a good idea and he already has a good tune-up so sounds good to me. All that is needed now is sales of BBC parts and trade the green pieces of paper for Donovan parts. 

I will miss the wheelies!      

No comments:

Post a Comment