Saturday, May 27, 2017

The Road to Nitro, week 6, a bump in the road!

The Road to Nitro, week 6
 I still haven’t gone to get the new car as some of you know I was in an accident at work on May 2. I got 2nd degree burns on 18% of my body when I was sprayed with racing fuel. To say the least this has put me a bit behind. I am healing pretty good but I still have my good and bad days. The last few days have been pretty painful for some reason. Today is the first day I have felt like writing something. Yes I have quite a selection of meds and a spread sheet of times I take my pills. Thanks to Lisa for that because when you are med’d up it is hard to remember when you last took a pill!

 I did however put a hold deposit down on the car and let him know I would come to pick the car up as soon as I felt like I could make the trip to Utah to pick it up. My mind has been going a hundred million miles per hour but my body says just lay right here.
 I am selling a few things off of the car and we did have one guy come look at it. Bryan had to come over and deal with him as I was just hurting too bad to go out there. Bryan and Don came over and got it out of the trailer and made it presentable.
 I am scheduled to be off work until Aug 2nd so not much will get done until after that. The good news is I have plenty of time and am not in a real hurry. When I get the car here I am going to first shorten the car up to 120” or so. That will keep me busy for a bit and won’t take much money to complete.
 I have a look that I want to achieve with the car so I will take my time. Maybe something cool like the shot of this old car below. My old blue car was a neat looking car also and the guys on the starting line always called it the bucket! That actually sounds like a good name for a car, "The Bucket"!




 As I sell parts off of my car then I will buy parts for the new one.One thing nice about having some time to sell off the parts is I can hold my ground on the prices. The stuff I have sold so far have been good prices for me and the customer. It is not like I have to fire sale it! Oops,bad pun!     


2 comments:

  1. Get well soon and love to all the Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. top Race extraordinary high pace faraway control car, pristine design, fastest Mini Rc Ever .... SUPERTOY Double Sided Stunt RC vehicle One Key Deformation car Monster Rock Crawler Off-. fastest rc nitro rc car

    ReplyDelete